Update Visa on Arrival (VoA)
Starting from the 6th of April 2022, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia
is opening its border for tourism without mandatory quarantine upon arrival.
Note: Please check the actual regulations before depature by visiting
This new border measure is only applicable for these selected port of entry
- Soekarno Hatta in DKI Jakarta
- Ngurah Rai in Bali
- Kualanamu International Airport in North Sumatera
- Juanda in East Java
- Hasanuddin in South Sulawesi
- Sam Ratulangi in North Sulawesi
- Yogyakarta in Yogyakarta
The VOA is valid up to 30 days and is extendable for another 30 days.
VOA extension must be applied to the closest immigration office in Indonesia. Foreign visitors must enter through Designated Port of Entry (airports/seaports) in Indonesia.
At the port of entry, foreign visitors will need to present the following requirements:
· Original passport that is valid for more than 6 (six) months from the date of arrival in Indonesia.
· Roundtrip airline ticket or a connecting ticket to continue traveling to another country.
· Visa fee of IDR 500.000. You might need to pay in credit card/debit card/cash.
· Proof of insurance ownership with coverage for COVID treatment and hospitalization in accordance with provision of the chair of the COVID-19 Task force.
· Proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination.
· Proof of negative result of RT-PCR COVID-19 test taken maximum 2 x 24 hours before departure.
· Electronic Health Alert Card (e-HAC) that can be registered through PeduliLindungi Apps (can be downloaded at Google Play/Apple Store).
No More COVID-19 Tests Upon Arrival :
· No further COVID-19 tests upon arrival or entry tests will be done if overseas travelers have already tested negative in their home country, added the Coordinator for the Enforcement of PPKM Outside Java and Bali, Airlangga Hartarto. “Overseas travelers would have to receive full vaccinations then provide a negative PCR test result valid within 48 hours before departure in their home country,” said Hartarto. Upon arrival, overseas travelers are still required to go through a health screening process by checking body temperature. Anyone above 37.5 degrees Celsius will immediately be taken for a PCR test by officers whereas those below this body temperature won’t be asked to take a COVID-19 test of any sort.